Metallized polypropylene capacitors offer improved performance and proven reliability in applications requiring power factor correction or harmonic filtering.
Metallized polypropylene film is used for its ability to operate at low temperatures and minimal loss of capacitance over the life of the cell. Encapsulated by a thermal setting polymer resin, excellent heat dissipation is achieved. In the event of a fault, three-phase pressure sensitive interrupters disconnect all three phases effectively taking the capacitor out of the circuit.
- Individual capacitors are self-healing. Vacuum deposited conductors on a polypropylene dielectric act as electrodes in this process.
- Each three-phase capacitor is furnished with a UL recognized, pressure sensitive interrupter. The interrupter will disconnect all three phases at the same time to maintain a balanced circuit.
- Capacitors are contained in hermetically sealed metal cans to prevent atmospheric contaminants from reducing the useful life.
- The dielectric material exhibits a loss of less than 0.5 Watts per kVAR.
- Nominal design life is 20 years.
- Individual capacitor cells are covered by a 2-year limited warranty.
- All capacitor cell terminations are threaded terminals for wire connection.
- All three-phase capacitors are listed as UL Recognized, CSA, and CE.
Please visit "Construction Features" for information on capacitor cell features. Model Selection
Visit "Model Selection" for available capacitors and their specifications. Performance
Visit "Performance" for capacitor cell performance characteristics.